From left: Asiatique, Vintage Vamp, Nocturnelle, Beyond Jealous, Vice Is Nice Sometimes it’s good to be naughty, no? The new MAC A Tartan Tale Collection is very naughty, and I couldn’t wait to get naughty, too. The 5 Naughty Little Vices Nail Lacquer ($25.50) set comes with five small bottles of nail polish (four creams [...]
Posts Tagged ‘Nails’
I’m wearing Estee Lauder Nail Lacquer in Extravagant Night ($18), a dark plum with gold, pink and purple glitter. It’s one of two nail lacquers in the Estee Lauder holiday 2010 collection available for pre-order online. Extravagant Night feels very holiday to me, and I really like the multi-colored sparkles. The formula’s thick, though, and [...]
‘Tis the season, lacquer lover! Soon we’ll be hearing the Sound of Music on the tube, watching Uncle Erwin overdo the eggnog and getting packages of granny panties stuffed in our stockings from mom (yep, that has happened to me). In the beauty world, ’tis also the season for red, green, silver and gold — [...]
Depression Awareness Month – SCRANGIE
So I’m joining Scrangie in her recognition of Depression Awareness Month. LINK
“The color for Depression Awareness is green, so wear some green polish!”
I’m wearing OPI Cuckoo For This Color topped with ORLY…
Time for a quick nail post. I’ve already done a few posts on Eyeko’s amazing cosmetics and nail polishes. The company keeps coming up with more and more fabulous shades so you know I need to give my viewers a glimpse.
Click here for more!
The first shade I got is called Saucy which is a gorgeous, vibrant red. The polish is super opaque so you only need two good coats. Saucy swatches a little darker on the nails. I’m wearing this on my toes right now and it screams vixen. I remember back in the day I used to think red nail polish was for “ladies of the night”, lol. That’s also back when I didn’t wear mascara, didn’t like red lipstick, and had no idea what an eyeshadow primer was. This color will never go out of style and I totally recommend.
As you all know, I previously reviewed Eyeko’s new nail polishes and Graffiti eyeliners. You all know that I love hosting giveaways for my readers. I asked Eyeko to sponsor some products so that you all have the chance to try them too! They generously agreed and I’ll be giving away two of their hottest collections.
Check out the video!
This week I was also sent some additional items to test out and give away!
Graffiti Eyeliner Pen Collection in Fierce Purple, Natural Brown, Jet Black and Navy Blue
In addition to the must-have in Jet Black, I also had a chance to test out the Eye brightening Navy Blue, Natural Brown, and Fierce Purple. If you know anything about me, I’m a junkie for liquid eyeliner, especially in the new pen style. 99% of the time I prefer a winged black liquid liner for most of my looks. I like mixing it up from time to time and the other three colors in this collection are amazing.
- Jet Black fits nicely into my collection…it’s super black and the marker tip is uber precise.
- Natural Brown is great for more day looks when you want a more subtle line.
- Navy Blue is the new neutral liner color…and will replace black in an instant while adding a little special.
- I like to add a line of the Fierce Purple above my black for a quick and funky cat eye…no eyeshadow needed.
Cult Classics Nailpolish Set with Vintage, Cosmic, Nude, Indigo, and Lilac 14 pounds
I’m not a Nail Polish junkie or anything but I do love the newest color trends. If you want to build your color collection, these small bottles are perfect. I never go through a whole bottle of nail polish before it dries. Eyeko’s polishes fit easier in my nail storage with more than enough product.
The texture of most of these polishes is on the thick side so be careful to wipe off excess polish from the brush before you get to painting. You’ll get an opaque coverage with about two coats except for the Nude shade with has a sheer finish. I’m loving how they have the “in” shades but you don’t have to spend the money you would on more expensive brands.
- Vintage: Mint green is super hot right now. I love it for the summer.
- Indigo: I’ll save this deep blue for fall and winter. It’s super sophisticated on shorter nails.
- Nude: This is exactly what the name says “Nude”. It’s great for the office or even for use with french manicures…a basic in every collection.
- Cosmic: When I feel like resurrecting my Bad Girl side, I’ll pull out this black shade with multi-colored glitters. The glitter gives it more wear appeal. Keep the nails short so you don’t look vampy.
- Lilac: Another really “in” shade. This makes yours hands look super girly and fresh. Great for the warmer months and a tea party to boot!
Now you know I couldn’t leave you all without another giveaway right? Eyeko Lace is hooking up two lucky viewer with either the Graffiti Liner Collection or Cult Classics Nail Polish Set. Here’s how to win:
- Subscribe to my youtube page
- Follow this blog
- Leave a comment telling me why you’d like to win. Also tell me which prize you’d like. You can have two entries if you want to put in a comment for both prize.
- I’ll announce the winner via my blog and twitter on Friday
You can find these products at www.eyeko.com. They’re a UK based company, but they ship worldwide.
FTC Disclosure: Product received for review. I am not affiliated with this company and not paid to write this review. These are my honest thoughts and opinions.
Atlanta Makeup Artist